Philanthropy & major gifts
We want the way you support us to be tailored to your interests
Philanthropic giving offers you a crucial role in helping us our mission to make the UK the safest place in the world to give birth.
Some larger grants come from charitable Trusts & Foundations set up by families or companies for philanthropic giving and others come from individuals - either way we would love to hear from you. We can help you understand the key issues in various aspects of our work and guide you as to where your support could achieve maximum impact.
Your involvement and ongoing support will help us:
- Fund our pioneering research into the causes of pregnancy complications
- Plan for the future
- Most importantly save babies’ lives
You can give a one-off gift, set up a monthly donation, or pledge your support on an annual basis which helps us to plan our future projects. You may wish to consider joining other committed supporters who have pledged through our giving clubs, Tommy's 25 and Tommy's Trailblazers. Or you might think about leaving a gift in your will.
When you give a major gift, you can expect:
- to receive bespoke support, contact and communications
- regular updates on the impact of your gift
- recognition of your gift, agreed to suit your preferences
- opportunities to attend our exclusive events or see our work in action
- £5,000 could help us to provide pregnant women with emotional and mental health support by targeting our mental wellbeing tool to those who are most in need, such as those from BAME groups and low-income backgrounds
- £10,000 could help to cover two Tommy’s PhD student fees for a year, helping us conduct lifesaving research into the causes and treatments for pregnancy complications
- £25,000 could contribute towards the salary of a specialist Research Midwife to support Tommy’s Research Clinics
- £50,000 could cover the costs of a Clinical Research Fellow in our Tommy’s National Centre for Maternity Improvement for one year, to complete data analysis to improve our easy-to-use digital safer pregnancy app
Every £1,000 you donate could be worth over £1,700 to Tommy’s
If you are a UK tax payer, and you've given us permission, we can claim Gift Aid on your donation. Tommy’s can only claim back the basic tax rate of 20% in Gift Aid. However, if you pay a Higher Rate of income tax (40% or above), you could be entitled to a tax rebate on your donation, worth the difference between the basic rate of tax and your higher rate. This extra could make a real difference to your donation.
How to claim and donate your rebate:
You can contact your local tax office and reclaim the tax on your donations using a P810 form.
If you have any queries about your tax position, contact HMRC on 0845 9000 444 or visit their website at www.hmrc.gov.uk.
* This amount assumes the donor is a 50% taxpayer and that gift aid is claimed on both the original donation and the tax rebate
Shema & Ian's story
"The Tommy’s team at St Mary’s have given us the most amazing gift, we’ll never be able to thank them enough”
After losing their firstborn son, Altair, Shema and her husband Ian now have 2 rainbow babies thanks to specialist care from the Tommy’s team in Manchester.