Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the website and My Prem Baby app provided by Tommy’s as they contain important information about your rights and obligations.
This end-user licence agreement (EULA) is a legal agreement between you (End-user or you) and Tommy’s, Nicholas House, 3 Laurence Pountney Hill, London EC4R 0BB (Licensor, us or we) for:
- Tommy.org (website)
- My Prem Baby – pregnancy, birth & baby mobile application software, (app) and any accompanying online documents (documents).
We license use of the app and the documents to you on the basis of this EULA and subject to any rules or policies applied by any appstore provider or operator from whose site, located at Apple and Google where the End-user downloaded the app (Appstore Rules). We do not sell the app or documents to you. We remain the owners of the app and Documents at all times.
This website site, www.tommys.org, the Tommy’s My Prem Baby app and their contents are copyright Tommy's, all rights reserved. Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the contents in any form is prohibited. No part of the website or app may be distributed or copied without express approval.
The opinions expressed in Tommy’s user-generated content areas, such as blog posts and first-person baby loss stories, are solely those of the user, who is unlikely to have had medical training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of Tommy’s and are not advice from Tommy's.
Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or use of drug products, but these must not be taken as clinical advice or recommendations. We advise readers to only take drugs or participate in treatments that are prescribed by your qualified healthcare provider.
Tommy’s does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Tommy’s user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on Tommy’s blog or baby loss story pages. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment.
Tommy’s understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, midwife or hospital immediately.
Health information published by Tommy's
Any medical information referred to in or through this website or My Prem Baby app is given for information purposes only and it is not intended to constitute professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment. It should not replace consultation with a qualified medical practitioner and you are strongly advised to consult with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your personal circumstances.
Tommy’s strives to ensure that the information on this website and the Tommy’s My Prem Baby app is accurate at the time of publication, timely, unbiased and useful. Tommy’s has ensured that the information published by Tommy's has been checked by experts. Every effort is taken to make sure that advice given here is accurate and appropriate in the context of current UK practices. However, it should not be considered medical guidance or professional advice as we will not have had a chance to examine you and therefore can’t make a full assessment of your particular case and circumstances.
Tommy’s is not responsible for errors or omission in the information provided or any actions resulting from the user of the information. If you have any concerns about your or your baby’s health, you should always speak to your midwife or other suitable healthcare professional.
You can read more about how we produce our pregnancy health information.
We occasionally include links to other websites and sources, but we do not check these websites thoroughly and we do not take responsibility for the content of any external websites or other references listed on this website.
Using Tommy’s My Prem Baby app
The Tommy’s My Prem Baby app is free and can be downloaded to your device. It is intended only for domestic and private use.
1. Deleting the app
You can delete the app at any time, but you will lose your baby’s profile and all the data you entered on the app.
2. Your data
This data is only saved in the app on your device. Tommy’s does not have access to this data and cannot recover it for you. However, if you gave permission for the app to back-up your data, it will be stored in your device’s photo folder. For this reason, you are advised to back-up your data to your device.
3. Errors and omissions
We do not guarantee that the My Prem Baby app, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions. We do not guarantee that the app will always be available or be uninterrupted. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the app is unavailable at any time or for any period. Tommy’s reserves the right to update, add, change, suspend, discontinue or withdraw the app from time to time, or any aspect or feature of the app, without notice or liability. Users are advised to keep the app up to date by checking for updates and downloading updates via their app store provider.
We do not promise that the app will be free from bugs or viruses, although we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that it does not contain any viruses or other malicious code. It is recommended that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the app and regularly check your device for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We will not be liable for and exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your device, programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the app or on any website linked to it.
4. Agreeing to use the app
By using the app, you agree not to use any Tommy’s content, products or services for any purposes other than those intended by Tommy’s. For example, all users agree that they will not use the app:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
- to misrepresent your identity
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation or for any other commercial purposes (which would include using the app to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services)
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the app to any third party except where expressly permitted on the app
- to disseminate any material which is abusive, defamatory or obscene, may harass, offend or inconvenience any person, applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the app by any person
- in any way that might harm any person or infringe third party privacy or other rights
- in any way that might bring us into disrepute.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our app in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions (exception is content that you have generated within the app, such as diary entries, weight graphs or photos which is yours to be shared as you choose)
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the app or any software used in the provision of the app
- not to use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer or transfer any version of the app
- not to use any part of the content in the app for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments and requests regarding these Terms by emailing [email protected]