UPDATE 26/08/2020: The My Premature Baby app is undergoing development and an improved version will be available in early 2021.
If you'd like to be on the user panel or have any thoughts or feedback about the current app or what you would like to see on a new app we would love to hear it. Please email Deirdre at [email protected]
About the app
My Premature Baby will be available on Apple and IOS.
Our steering group includes obstetricians, neonatologists and paediatricians. It will contain information and advice on premature birth, the baby's time in hospital and going home with a premature baby.
It will contain customised growth charts for premature babies, allowing you to track your baby's weight and growth over time
Feedback on previous version
"I’m really grateful that the app exists and heavily rely on it to keep track of feeds."
"I use the app to plot my daughters weight and now she’s over 6 months."
"This is so useful. I remember being so paranoid when I brought Tiana home."
"Another reason why Tommy’s is such an amazing charity. Since Ryan was born I’ve discovered this really useful app which helps parents of premature babies keep a record of feeding, weight and other things that are extra important for babies born before term."
My Premature Baby app features
The app will have the following features:
- a development diary - allowing parents to record events, thoughts and milestones
- a feeding log - allowing parents to record times, type and amount of food given
- ability to easily share information about your baby with family and friends on Facebook
- ability to track the baby’s weight on a growth chart
- ability to find other parents going though similar experiences on a map.