The Baby Race: Milton Country Park, Cambridge
Registration is £14.50 per participant, which includes a free t-shirt, training plan and a commemorative bag for life with gifts from sponsors Cow & Gate and Forever Friends when you cross the finish line! We hope that you will aim to raise at least £50 in sponsorship.
- Sunday 7 July 2013
- The event starts with children's entertainment from Monkey Music on the stage at 09:30 by the Visitor Centre and Cafe next to the car park
- Followed by the aerobic warm up at 10:00 and the actual race at 10:15
- There is a charge for the car park of £2 per day – don’t forget to bring change for the ticket machines with you!
- If you are using a sat nav the park's postcode is CB24 6AZ however it shares it with the industrial estate so don't rely on it for the very last bit. Once you've turned into the estate at the roundabout outside Tesco go straight ahead until you reach the Park entrance (your sat nav may encourage you to take a right turn inside the industrial estate - ignore it).
- The 8K route will be 4 laps around the park.
- There will be one water station.
- We expect it to take 45 mins to run without your buggy, or up to two hours to power-walk with your buggy.
- There are no toilets on route but are at the start.
- There will be no covered area at either the start or finish so please make sure you come with raincoats and buggy covers in case of rain!
Download a plan of the route.
Race day entertainment
Monkey Music will keep your little ones engaged with plenty of action on the stage. Monkey Music classes feature plenty of songs, actions and percussion. Find a class in Cambridge or nationwide.
The highest Cambridge fundraiser will win 10 Baby Sensory classes! Baby Sensory offer different development activities each week for you and your baby to do together and with other parents. Find your nearest class.
Buggyfit trainer profile
Buggyfit trainer Maggie Fordham is organising the Cambridge Baby Race. You can find one of Maggie's classes near you.
'I loved organising last year's Baby Race, there was such a lovely atmosphere and it was wonderful seeeing everyone complete the 8K distance - with or without their babies and buggies!'
Maggie will be incorporating a special training programme in her Cambridge classes to help you get fit enough to walk - or run - the course.
Cow & Gate
About Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk - Cow & Gate believe that the best part of parenting is seeing your little baby become a little person. So we are there every step of the way, with advice, support & tailored nutrition as mums nurture their little ones' personality. Even with a typical diet, it's not easy for toddlers to get all the nutrients they need. Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk is a great way to help them get some of the hard-to-get nutrients into their diet: Just 2 x 150ml beakers a day help top up your toddler's diet with Vitamin D for development of bones, omega 3 (an essential fatty acid) and iron for brain development.
The very first Forever Friends Bear was lovingly created by Bath artist, Deborah Jones, back in 1987. They quickly grew to become one of the most successful greeting card designs of all time. The popularity of Forever Friends has been overwhelming and now features on an array of other products ranging from clothing, jewellery and mugs, to cuddly toys, chart-topping CDs and much, much more!
Follow Forever Friends online for exclusive downloads, freebies and offers. ‘Like’ Forever Friends at the ONLY official Facebook page, or follow on Twitter for regular updates from the world of Forever Friends