Working for Tommy's
About working for Tommy's
Tommy's is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment or financial rewards through direct or indirect discrimination, harassment, victimisation to employees or job applicants on the grounds of race, religion or belief, creed, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, or on the grounds of disability.
Become a Tommy’s Bank Midwife (central London, flexible days)
Are you a midwife who would enjoy a different kind of work? (No nights?)
At Tommy’s we run a pregnancy information service, staffed and run by midwives, for women, their families and health professionals. Our midwives work in our central London office, providing expert advice on how to achieve a healthy pregnancy, lifestyle choices and bereavement support and advice to women and families who have suffered a pregnancy loss. This service is offered through a national helpline offering telephone and email advice. If you feel you could offer something to this unique service, you are a qualified midwife with at least two years’ experience and you would like to be part of our bank team of midwives, please send a CV to email@example.com
Hourly rate £16.
Tommy’s Information Service Midwifery Manager
Reporting to: Tommy’s Health & Research Manager
Tommy’s mission is to reach every pregnant woman within the UK, providing midwife-led, reliable and evidence based pregnancy information and advice. The purpose of Tommy’s Pregnancy Information Service is to help women maximize their chances of having a healthy pregnancy. This will be achieved through a variety of communication platforms – digital content, specialist helpline and social media.
One member of the Tommy’s midwifery team is present within Tommy’s London based office a minimum of 5 days a week, working collaboratively with the wider Pregnancy Information Team to provide an effective midwife-led service.
Key Job Objectives:
- Manage and lead the team of Tommy’s Midwives and bank midwives to provide an effective and efficient midwife-led Pregnancy Information Service
- Ensure delivery of accurate clinical advice to pregnant women throughout the UK through multiple channels (phone, email, Tommy’s website and third party websites and social media sites (Facebook etc.)
- Work with the wider Pregnancy Information Service team in the development, delivery and promotion of the service
- Work with the Health and Research Manager to establish and develop professional relationships with key health professionals/bodies
- Assist with development of Tommy’s Pregnancy Information Service content – website information, daily Facebook posts, web chats and webinars
Download the full job description