Tommy's PregnancyHub gains PIF TICK accreditation to become a ‘trusted information creator’
Our pregnancy information has been awarded the PIF TICK – the UK’s only quality mark for print and online health information. With so much pregnancy information out there, it can be hard to know what to trust.
What is the PIF TICK?
The PIF TICK was launched in May 2020 and is run by the non-profit Patient Information Forum (PIF). It is a sign of health information you can trust.
When you see the PIF TICK on leaflets, websites, apps or videos it shows an organisation’s health information has been through a professional and robust production process.
To become a ‘trusted information creator’, we had to undergo an assessment showing we met 10 key criteria:
- Information is created using a consistent and documented process.
- Staff are trained and supported to produce high-quality information.
- Information meets an identified consumer need.
- Information is based on reliable, up-to-date evidence.
- Patients are involved in the development of health information.
- Information is written in plain English.
- Print and digital information is easy to use and navigate.
- Users can give feedback on the information.
- Information is promoted to make sure it reaches those who need it.
- The impact of information is measured.
This means you can be assured that what you are reading, watching or listening to from us is evidence-based, understandable, jargon-free, up-to-date and produced to the best possible standard.
Sarah Siguine, Tommy's Head of Pregnancy Information said:
“Gaining the PIF TICK shows we have a strong process for developing our health information resources. With so much information online it can be difficult to know what to trust. This quality mark is a quick and easy way for people to be assured our information is reliable and trustworthy.”
PIF TICK manager Dan Wills said:
“We are thrilled to welcome Tommy's to our ever-growing community of accredited PIF TICK members. Accurate, accessible, evidence-based information is key to increasing patient empowerment and improving health outcomes.”
Find out more about the PIF TICK
In July 2021, a public website, www.piftick.org.uk, was launched to raise awareness of PIF TICK accredited members and help people find trusted health information. The site also includes guides on topics including spotting false health information and understanding evidence.