In a recent Tommy’s survey of over 400 women, 86% reported that they felt ‘overwhelmed’ by the amount of pregnancy information available. Our new Healthy Pregnancy Tool, launching today, will make it easier for women to focus on the information they really need, rather than being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information available.
Tommy's new digital tool, and accompanying tailored email journey, is designed to help pregnant women find ways to have a healthy pregnancy and find the support they need. The tool is for all pregnant women and can be completed at any point in their pregnancy. The supportive follow-up emails provide weekly personalised and digestible support and advice throughout the whole pregnancy journey.
The free online pregnancy resource was created in partnership with First Steps Nutrition Trust, Kings College London, NHS England, Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP), Royal College of Midwives (RCM), Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and University of Edinburgh.
When using the digital tool, women will answer questions about every aspect of their pregnancy, health and wellbeing to provide tailored and bite-size information, with tips and ideas that can help them to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. The tool will provide all pregnant women with a personalised plan to help improve physical, emotional and mental wellbeing during pregnancy. It has a tailored route for women who have experienced a previous pregnancy loss or mental health difficulties, which acknowledges the extra anxiety this can cause.
The digital tool is being launched this week with a national #FindYour3 campaign to help women find their 3 top tips for having a safe and healthy pregnancy.
Tommy's Healthy Pregnancy Tool aims to:
- Raise awareness of healthy behaviours and red flag symptoms
- Provide tailored answers to responses, allowing us to focus in on what they need most
- Encourage self-care for physical, emotional and mental wellbeing
- Provide step-by-step support throughout the pregnancy journey
- Motivate and encourage women to identify ways to adopt healthier behaviours
- Identify women who have had a previous loss so we can offer a deeper level of support
The ultimate aim is to help women feel more supported during pregnancy, leading to more babies being born safe and healthy.
The tool has 5 key features:
- Easy-to-use quiz about all aspects of pregnancy, health and wellbeing
- Personalised 3 top tips
- Tailored healthy pregnancy results and advice
- Opportunity to sign-up for tailored, weekly pregnancy support emails
- Extra support provided for women who have previously experienced loss
Prof. Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent, Chief Midwifery Officer, NHS England, said:
“It is absolutely vital that every pregnant woman is empowered during pregnancy with the trusted information and support they need for a safe and healthy pregnancy. Resources like Tommy’s Healthy Pregnancy Tool can give women the support, reassurance and confidence they need to do what’s best for them and their baby and I am delighted that Jess Read, Deputy Chief Midwifery Officer, has contributed to the development of this tool.”
The Healthy Pregnancy Tool was generously funded by The Aurum Charitable Trust.