As a certified member of The Information Standard we can confidently say we are a reliable and trustworthy source of health and/or social care information.
We have achieved Information Standard accreditation
By meeting this standard we have shown that:
- we have appropriate and documented information management structures
- we use adequate systems and methods for producing information
- we have clear aims about the information we provide
- we understand and meet the needs of our audiences
- we make correct use of sources of evidence
- we make any conflicts of interest clear
- we have effective planning and management skills and resources
- we have internal monitoring procedures and will amend any information not meeting the standard.
What's in the scope of our accreditation?
The following health information content is included in the scope and applies to print and digital channels:
- pregnancy health information published by Tommy’s
- health information about pregnancy complications and loss
- information about prematurity
The following content is not included in the scope:
- content developed and/or published by Tommy’s funded research centres
- content that does not include health and social care information
- content that is written directly by members of the public and by midwives (eg case studies, pregnancy blogs, midwife blogs, website comments, facebook comments)
- content written for marketing purposes that does not contain health information
What is the Information Standard?
The Information Standard is a certification scheme for the production of health and social care information. Any organisation producing health and/or social care information for the public in England can apply for certification.
It is a voluntary scheme, managed by NHS England. Certified organisations have demonstrated that they have the necessary methods and systems to ensure that the information they produce is accessible, accurate, appropriately researched, authoritative, clear, complete, readable, relevant, secure, up-to-date and well-designed.
Statement of responsibility
Tommy's shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the scheme operator nor the scheme owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of Tommy's.
Find out more
For more information on the Information Standard you can visit the website: