Date: 10th - 11th June 2017
Distance: 100km or 60km
Entry fee: Free
Fundraising pledge for Golden Bond Cyclists: £175
Pay nothing to take part in Nightrider London and commit to raising a minimum sponsorship of £175 (excl. gift aid).
Pay the full event cost to take part in Nightrider London of £99 and then just raise as much as you can! (Please note that the £99 goes to the event organisers and not to Tommy’s).
What is Nightrider?
London Nightrider™ - an exciting 100km or 60km moonlit cycle ride past London’s iconic landmarks.
A one day charity ride with a difference...it’s at night! Taking in over 50 of London’s famous landmarks, Nightrider™ London is a truly unique way to explore the capital. While London sleeps, some 2500 cyclists are set to cycle for charity.
Set off from Lee Valley VeloPark and follow a 100km or 60km circular route past over fifty of London’s most famous landmarks. Highlights include Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Tower Bridge, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Royal Opera House and the London Eye. NEW for 2016 – Buckingham Palace and The Mall! Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night and a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish.
- Enjoy cycling past the city highlights and surrounding area in this unique charity bike ride at night.
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS also provided.
- Amazing atmosphere on the night with over 300 cyclists all raising funds.
Is Nightrider for me?
- If you’re looking for a challenge then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling on the road alongside traffic. The roads can be busy even at night, the route is mainly on quieter roads however the route takes is some city centre locations which remain busy all night.
- This event is not a race and not timed, we encourage people to cycle responsibly.
- This is a challenge and you will cycle 100km at night therefore you will need to train. Training guidelines will be provided.
If you chose to cycle for Tommy’s, we will support you every step of the way!
Your Tommy’s contact for Nightrider
Tara is looking after this event for Tommy’s so please don’t hesitate to contact her with any question you may have, no matter how big or small. Phone 0207 398 3400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Tommy’s will support you in Nightrider
If you cycle for Tommy's in Nightrider London you'll get first class care! You can expect to receive:
- a free Tommy’s cycling top
- fundraising support, ideas and tips to help you make the most out of your fundraising
- a dedicated contact at Tommy's, who will give you one to one support all the way (Daisy!)
- an online community so you can chat to other Tommy's cyclists
- e-newsletters and regular phone calls to keep you motivated
- access to our free online shop to enable you to order whatever fundraising materials you need!
FAQs for Nightrider
From fitness, to insurance, to accommodation! The Nightrider website should have all the answers you are looking for.
Fundraising hints and tips for Nightrider London
Your friends and family will probably sponsor for Nightrider London you once you've set up your fundraising page, but to raise the maximum amount of money for our life-saving work, you could also think about organising a pub quiz, having a raffle or asking a local school to run a non-uniform day...
While Liverpool sleeps, join Team Tommy's for Nightrider Liverpool. Cycle 100km on this moonlit bike ride!
Join Team Tommy's for the Nightrider Bristol 100km bike ride and take in the sights of Bristol at night, in this truly unique way to explore the city.
Social media can help you build a real buzz around your event. These channels work best when you make them personal. Be yourself and talk to your friends and followers as you would in person.
Get extra support for your event and help raise awareness of Tommy's' research and information programmes...easy!!!
Find out more about how to get your valuable donations to the team at Tommy's.
There are loads of ways that you can raise money for Tommy's research. Here are just a few to inspire you!
Tommy's top fundraising tips
There are a few simple guidelines to take into consideration when organising events for charity. If you’re in any doubt please contact us for advice.
Tommy’s supporter Richard Pitchford’s daughter was born 11 weeks too soon and spent her first three months in hospital. But she was born with a determined soul and did not give in.