Register now for Nightrider Bristol 2018
Join Team Tommy's for the Nightrider Bristol100 km bike ride and take in the sights of Bristol at night, in this truly unique way to explore the city.
Date: July 2017 (tbc)
Distance: 100 km
Entry fee: Free
Fundraising pledge for Golden Bond Cyclists: £175 (excluding Gift Aid)
I have my own place
Let us know if you have your own place in the 2018 Nightrider Bristol event. Once you register we can send you your free cycling jersey and any fundraising materials you need. This requires no minimum sponsorship - just raise as much as you can!
What is Nightrider?
Bristol Nightrider™ - an exciting 100km moonlit cycle ride past Bristol’s iconic landmarks.
A one day charity ride with a difference...it’s at night! The 100km circular route will see you cycling over the Clifton Suspension Bridge, as far north as Almondsbury and through the city centre. Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night and a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish.
- Enjoy cycling past the city highlights and surrounding area in this unique charity bike ride at night.
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS also provided.
- Amazing atmosphere on the night with over 300 cyclists all raising funds.
Is Nightrider for me?
- If you’re looking for a challenge then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling on the road alongside traffic. The roads can be busy even at night, the route is mainly on quieter roads however the route takes is some city centre locations which remain busy all night.
- This event is not a race and not timed, we encourage people to cycle responsibly.
- This is a challenge and you will cycle 100km at night therefore you will need to train. Training guidelines will be provided.
If you chose to cycle for Tommy’s, we will support you every step of the way!
Your Tommy’s contact for Nightrider
Tara is looking after this event for Tommy’s so please don’t hesitate to contact her with any question you may have, no matter how big or small. Phone 0207 398 3436 or email [email protected]
How Tommy’s will support you in Nightrider
If you cycle in Nightrider Bristol for Tommy's you'll get first class care! You can expect to receive:
- a free Tommy’s cycling top
- fundraising support, ideas and tips to help you make the most out of your fundraising
- a dedicated contact at Tommy's, who will give you one to one support all the way (Daisy!)
- an online community so you can chat to other Tommy's cyclists
- e-newsletters and regular phone calls to keep you motivated
- access to our free online shop to enable you to order whatever fundraising materials you need!
FAQs for Nightrider
From fitness, to insurance, to accommodation! The Nightrider website should have all the answers you are looking for.
Fundraising hints and tips for Nightrider
Your friends and family will probably sponsor you once you've set up your fundraising page for Nightrider Bristol, but to raise the maximum amount of money for our life-saving work, you could also think about organising a pub quiz, having a raffle or asking a local school to run a non-uniform day...
Social media can help you build a real buzz around your event. These channels work best when you make them personal. Be yourself and talk to your friends and followers as you would in person.
Get extra support for your event and help raise awareness of Tommy's' research and information programmes...easy!!!
Find out more about how to get your valuable donations to the team at Tommy's.
There are loads of ways that you can raise money for Tommy's research. Here are just a few to inspire you!
Tommy's top fundraising tips
There are a few simple guidelines to take into consideration when organising events for charity. If you’re in any doubt please contact us for advice.
Tommy’s supporter Richard Pitchford’s daughter was born 11 weeks too soon and spent her first three months in hospital. But she was born with a determined soul and did not give in.