To become an accredited member of the Tommy's Pregnancy at work programme, the following criteria must apply to your organisation:
- You must provide all legally required information to pregnant employees and undertake all legally required duties, in accordance with current UK maternity law.
- All pregnant employees must be encouraged to attend their antenatal appointments.
- Risk assessments must be carried out for every pregnant employee upon notification of their pregnancy.
- A smoke free working environment must be provided.
- Rest and relaxation places for pregnant women must be provided. (Please note it is not necessary to provide a separate room. Existing staff rooms, canteens or other areas can be used as long as the area is smoke free. What is important is that pregnant women have a place they can rest away from their desk).
- All pregnant employees must be made aware of the PregnancyLine and be provided with access to the members community
Providing documentary evidence
Please provide the following documentation (if applicable):
- current maternity policy
- maternity risk assessment template
- managers' handbook/ copies of literature given to line managers to explain the maternity policy
- copies of any leaflets regarding pregnancy, pregnancy health and maternity provisions that your company distributes to pregnant employees.
Submitting your application
To JOIN NOW, please email email@example.com with your name and organisation name. We will send you a form to complete.
Your application will then be put forward to our panel and we will respond to you within five working days to let you know if your application has been approved, and if not, what you can do in order to make a successful application.
What if my organisation doesn't fulfil the criteria?
It is important that your organisation has the correct provisions in place for pregnant women in its employment. For more information on employers' and employees' rights and responsibilities, please visit the following websites: