What is Jinglethon?
Jinglethon is a fabulously fun event for the under-fives. Babies and toddlers are sponsored to complete a special explorers themed music class within their regular Jo Jingles class time, during October 2017.
For many children this is their first ever sponsored event, so pretty special in its own right (and don't forget the fancy dress!)
Why should you take part?
Jinglethon is a really fun, happy experience for all involved. But there’s an important reason behind it too. Every year, 1 in 4 women lose a baby during pregnancy or birth. Jo Jingles is committed to supporting Tommy’s in reducing this unacceptable statistic that devastates families up and down the country. So every mum, dad and child taking part will be helping babies who aren't as lucky. And every pound raised, will help to save babies’ lives. To find out more about Tommy’s life-saving work, please watch our video below:
How will the money be spent?
This year, we’re aiming to raise £100,000 from Jinglethon! And with over 10,000 babies and children taking part in Jo Jingles classes each week, the target equates to just £10 of fundraising from each little one. So please start your fundraising today! £100,000 is more than just a nice round figure; it could enable 6,000 couples to attend a Tommy’s Research Centre and help them realise their dream of having a baby.
If your little one already attends Jo Jingles classes, then you’re halfway there. You’ll receive information in your class and the date that Jinglethon is coming to your class venue.
The event will take place in your usual class, so you don’t need to formally ‘sign up’ anywhere, but you do need to set up your fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving so that you can get your fundraising underway and help us get to the total of £100,000!
Then it’s time to start thinking about your fancy dress costume!
How to start fundraising
It is best to get yourself a personalised fundraising page set up at Virgin Money Giving beforehand. Just click here to get started.
Some quick and easy tips to help:
- Personalise your page with a cute pic of your baby in fancy dress, or just looking cute!
- Change the default text to a personal message explaining your reasons for taking part.
- Set a target of £200. Obviously you are not committed to raising this amount but research shows the higher your target the more you raise!
- Share the link of your fundraising page with your family and friends on social media and ask them to sponsor your little one, in their first fundraising event to help save other babies' lives.
And don’t forget to remind them as the event gets closer; often friends intend to support but forget until their memory is jogged!
Please download a copy of the Jinglethon sponsorship form here.
For every little one who raises even just a pound, a treat will be coming your way!
- Raise £1+ and receive a commemorative Jinglethon certificate
- Raise £30+ and receive a certificate, an exclusive Jinglethon keyring and Little Dish vouchers
- Raise £100+ and receive a certificate, keyring, a Little Dish colour-in tablecloth and a limited edition Jinglethon CD featuring 25 of your favourite Jo Jingles songs!
- Raise £200+ and receive a certificate, keyring, tablecloth, CD, a Little Dish apron and a fantastic Five Little Frogs song mitt from puppetsbypost
What's more, there's a fantastic prize for the highest fundraiser nationally; a year's supply of Little Dish vouchers for your little one!*
The Tommy's Jinglethon is held in partnership with Jo Jingles.
Jo Jingles provide fun, music and movement classes nationwide for babies and pre-school children aged from three months to five years. With more than 700 centres across the UK and Ireland (and now Australia!) Jo Jingles offers established, structured classes that are exciting, fun and educational! Find out more at www.jojingles.com.
Supported by Little Dish
Little Dish make perfectly nutritionally balanced food for toddlers, developed with their nutritionists and approved by their nutritionists and Tiny Tasters. Find out more at www.littledish.co.uk.
*Amounts exclude gift aid. In order to be eligible for any fundraiser prizes offered by Tommy's or Jo Jingles all donations must be received by 3 November 2017. Prizes and certificates will be posted out at the end of November 2017. Prizes are subject to availability so may differ from images shown. A year's supply of Little Dish vouchers is calculated at 2 meals per week for 52 weeks. Vouchers are redeemable at most supermarkets.