Date: Sunday 12th September 2021
Distance: 13.1 miles
Location: Newcastle to South Shields
Entry fee: Free
Fundraising pledge: £300 (excluding gift aid)
I would like a Tommy's place at the Great North Run 2021
You can register for a guaranteed Tommy's place when you pledge to raise a minimum of £300 (excl. gift aid). We would be thrilled to welcome you to #TeamTommys!
I have my own place in the Great North Run 2021
Let us know if you already have your own place and would like to run for Tommy's! Not only will you get a free running vest and all the fundraising materials you could wish for, but you'll receive the loudest cheers from our various cheer points on race day! This requires no minimum sponsorship — just raise as much as you can!
About the Great North Run
The Great North Run is the world's largest half marathon, taking place annually in September. Participants run between Newcastle upon Tyne and South Shields in the North East of England. The run was devised by former Olympic 10,000 m bronze medalist and BBC Sport commentator Brendan Foster.
Only the London Marathon comes close to attracting similar numbers of athletes each year.
How Tommy's will support you at the Great North Run
Whether you run with your own place, or a Tommy's guaranteed place, you'll get first class care!
- An event tailored guide for all runners
- Top quality breathable running vest
- Training plans for beginners and intermediate runners
- Fundraising support, materials, ideas and tips
- Dedicated contact at Tommy's, who will give you one to one support all the way
- Huge cheers on the day from our Tommy's cheering team
- Best post-race reception party in the race village to welcome you, your families and friends to celebrate
- Ability to chat to other Tommy's runners via Facebook
- Cheering packs for your family and friends
- A personalised event iTAB for when you hit your minimum pledge of £300
- A personalised mug when you hit over £500 in your fundraising
"I just wanted to thank you and the team at Tommy's for all of the support that you have provided. You have been really friendly and helpful; it was a real privilege to run for such a worthy cause. The Tommy's team in the crowd were amazing - a real boost when I needed it at the end. Please pass on my thanks to everyone at Tommy’s!"
Social media can help you build a real buzz around your event. These channels work best when you make them personal. Be yourself and talk to your friends and followers as you would in person.
Get extra support for your event and help raise awareness of Tommy's' research and information programmes...easy!!!
Find out more about how to get your valuable fundraising and donations to Tommy's.
There are loads of ways that you can raise money for Tommy's research. Here are just a few to inspire you!
How to make the most of your fundraising
There are a few simple guidelines to take into consideration when organising events for charity. If you’re in any doubt please contact us for advice.