Date: 16 /17 June 2018
You will need to secure your own place in this event to ride for Tommy's. You can secure your place here. As soon as you have your place confirmed, just let us know and we'll support you all the way to the finish line!
What is Edinburgh Night Ride ?
The Edinburgh Night Ride is 50 miles with a throng of like-minded cyclists, along the twists and turns of the streets of Edinburgh on our Night Ride, lit by the moon and lights of the city. Taking in the iconic sights of this beautiful city – Arthur’s Seat, the Castle, the Forth Bridges - our route has stunning night views of the city. This is a rare chance to explore the nooks and crannies of the Scottish capital at a time when much of the traffic is abated. Enjoy the tranquillity of the Georgian streets as we pass through in the moonlight.
The sun sets, the city sleeps and hundreds of cyclists will take to the streets to conquer the 50 mile route for charity. Whether you’re an expert Night Rider or it’s your first time, join us and see the stunning city of Edinburgh in a new light!
The first section of our route will be done in daylight hours and starts in the early evening with the biggest elevation of the route, over Arthur’s seat then cycling along the coast to the first waterstop; the views will be fantastic as we cycle into the sunset!
As well as Arthur’s Seat, we’ll be taking in some incredible and iconic sights of this beautiful city en route – Holyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament Buildings, The Castle, The Forth Bridges,
to name but a few.
After covering 50 miles, we finish our challenge in the early hours of Sunday morning, pedalling triumphantly across the finish line and feeling fantastic!
Why Edinburgh Night Ride?
- Enjoy cycling past the city highlights and surrounding area in this unique charity bike ride at night
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS also provided
- Amazing atmosphere on the night with over 300 cyclists all raising funds
Is Edinburgh Night Ride for me?
- If you’re looking for a challenge then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling on the road alongside traffic. The roads can be busy even at night, the route is mainly on quieter roads however the route takes is some city centre locations which remain busy all night.
- This event is not a race and not timed, we encourage people to cycle responsibly
- This is a challenge and you will cycle 50km at night therefore you will need to train!
If you chose to cycle for Tommy’s, we will support you every step of the way!
Your Tommy’s contact
Katharine is looking after this event for Tommy’s so please don’t hesitate to contact her with any question you may have, no matter how big or small. Phone 0207 398 3408 or email [email protected]
How Tommy’s will support you
If you cycle for Tommy's you'll get first class care! You can expect to receive:
- a free Tommy’s cycling top
- fundraising support, ideas and tips to help you make the most out of your fundraising
- a dedicated contact at Tommy's, who will give you one to one support all the way
- an online community so you can chat to other Tommy's cyclists
- e-newsletters and regular phone calls to keep you motivated
- access to our free online shop to enable you to order whatever fundraising materials you need!
Social media can help you build a real buzz around your event. These channels work best when you make them personal. Be yourself and talk to your friends and followers as you would in person.
Get extra support for your event and help raise awareness of Tommy's' research and information programmes...easy!!!
Find out more about how to get your valuable donations to the team at Tommy's.
There are loads of ways that you can raise money for Tommy's research. Here are just a few to inspire you!
Tommy's top fundraising tips
There are a few simple guidelines to take into consideration when organising events for charity. If you’re in any doubt please contact us for advice.