About the event
Join Team Tommy's for Big Steps for Small Feet
Take on Ben Nevis at night and raise vital funds that help save babies' lives. The event cost £75 upfront with the remaining £160 to be paid by 4 weeks prior to departure.
If you join Team Tommy's for Big Steps for Small Feet you'll get first class care! You can expect to receive:
- A Tommy’s t-shirt
- Fundraising support, ideas and tips
- A dedicated contact at Tommy's, who will give you one to one support all the way
- An online community so you can chat to other Tommy's heroes
- e-newsletters and regular phone calls to keep you motivated
- Access to our free online shop to enable you to order whatever fundraising materials you need!
You'll climb Ben Nevis, the highest point in Scotland and the British Isles. Reaching the summit of this mountain is a long, arduous uphill trek. Undertaking it at night is an unforgettable challenge, with the way lit only by the moon and torches. You'll set off around sunset, arriving at the summit for sunrise then descending as you see the spectacular landscape laid out before you, and finally celebrating your huge achievement with a slap-up breakfast!
A father whose son was stillborn is calling for people to join him in climbing Ben Nevis to see the sunrise from the mountain the weekend before Father’s Day 2021 to help other bereaved parents and families. Big Steps For Small Feet has been organised by Michael McGuire from Fort William in memory of his son Kyle, raising funds for ten charities supporting anyone affected by the death of a child, including his own Anam Cara Fasgadh, which provides respite accommodation for families.