Pregnancy & Baby Charities Network
Tommy’s is a member of the Pregnancy & Baby Charities Network.
The Pregnancy & Baby Charities Network represents UK charities whose focus is to:
- reduce the number of babies who die during pregnancy, birth or in the early weeks of life
- reduce morbidity in newborn babies and improve care for these babies and their parents
- improve care throughout the path to parenthood; before, during and after pregnancy and after losing a baby or pregnancy.
The network has produced a 2019 Manifesto with four main priorities to help achieve these aims:
- Make England the safest country in the world in which to have a baby.
- Give women a maternity guarantee that their pregnancy and birth journey will be personalised and will meet their needs.
- Give sick and premature babies the best chance of survival and quality of life.
- Provide every family with the bereavement care they need after pregnancy or baby loss.
You can read our Manifesto 2019 to find out how we are working to achieve our four key priorities.
If you would like to find out more, you can download our expanded version with added background information.
The Pregnancy & Baby Charities Network is governed by agreed Terms of Reference.