The Baby Race: Waddesdon Manor, Aylesbury
Registration is £14.50 per participant, which includes a free t-shirt, training plan and a commemorative bag for life with gifts from sponsors Cow & Gate and Forever Friends when you cross the finish line! We also hope that you will aim to raise at least £50 in sponsorship.
- Saturday 15 June 2013
- Waddesdon Manor is a National Trust property. Race entrants receive free entry to the gardens. Spectators without National Trust membership must purchase a ticket to the gardens. No credit cards accepted. Full information on ticket prices here.
- The event starts outside the house with children's entertainment at 09:00
- The aerobic warm up is at 09:15 with the race starting at 09:30
- Travel information to Waddesdon Manor is available here
- The gates will open from 08:30
- Car parking is free of charge
- The route will wind its way around the grounds, its undulating but mostly on hard standing. Due to the nature of the route the actual distance will be 7.5K
- There will be one water station
- We expect it to take 45 mins to run without your buggy, or up to two hours to power-walk with your buggy
- There are no toilets on route but facilities are near the start and finish areas
- There will be no covered area at either the start or finish so please make sure you come with raincoats and buggy covers in case of rain!
Race day entertainment
Watch this space for information on race day entertainment!
Buggyfit trainer profile
Buggyfit trainer and founder, Emma Redding, is organising the Waddesdon Manor Baby Race. Find one of Emma's classes near you
'This will be our second Baby Race at Waddesdon it was a great event last year with such a fun atmosphere. My classes have women at all stages of pre and post-pregnancy. Everyone has different goals from the classes be it getting back in to shape again, getting fit and meeting other mums. Waddesdon Manor is a stunning venue and we'd love to see you there!'
Emma will be incorporating a special training programme in her classes to help get you fit enough to run (or walk) The Baby Race.
Cow & Gate
About Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk - Cow & Gate believe that the best part of parenting is seeing your little baby become a little person. So we are there every step of the way, with advice, support & tailored nutrition as mums nurture their little ones' personality. Even with a typical diet, it's not easy for toddlers to get all the nutrients they need. Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk is a great way to help them get some of the hard-to-get nutrients into their diet: Just 2 x 150ml beakers a day help top up your toddler's diet with Vitamin D for development of bones, omega 3 (an essential fatty acid) and iron for brain development.
The very first Forever Friends Bear was lovingly created by Bath artist, Deborah Jones, back in 1987. They quickly grew to become one of the most successful greeting card designs of all time. The popularity of Forever Friends has been overwhelming and now features on an array of other products ranging from clothing, jewellery and mugs, to cuddly toys, chart-topping CDs and much, much more!
Follow Forever Friends online for exclusive downloads, freebies and offers. ‘Like’ Forever Friends at the ONLY official Facebook page, or follow on Twitter for regular updates from the world of Forever Friends