The Baby Race: Bellahouston Park, Glasgow
Registration is £14.50 per participant, which includes a free t-shirt, training plan and a commemorative bag for life with gifts from our sponsors Cow & Gate and Forever Friends when you cross the finish line! We also hope that you will aim to raise at least £50 in sponsorship.
- Saturday 14 September 2013
- Please note - the Glasgow Race is 5K
- The event starts with children's entertainment at 09:40 on the stage near the Palace of Art
- The aerobic warm up is at 10:00 with the race starting promptly at 10:15
- The nearest free car parks are either the Palace of Art or Bellahouston Sports Centre off Bellahouston Drive
- The 5K route will wind its way around the park
- We expect it to take 45 minutes to run without your buggy, or an hour to power-walk with your buggy
- There are no toilets on route or at the start - the nearest toilets are at the leisure centre.
- There will be no covered area at either the start or finish so please make sure you come with raincoats and buggy covers in case of rain!
Download a plan of the route.
Race day entertainment
Watch this space for information on race day entertainnment!
Buggyfit trainer profile
Buggyfit trainers Wendy MacLeod and Claire Mackie are organising the Glasgow Baby Race. Wendy runs Buggyfit classes in Glasgow South and Claire in Glasgow West.
'This is the second year of the Glasgow Baby race - lst year was a huge success. Tommy's Scottish research centre in Edinburgh does amazing work and it's fantastic to be able to support it. We run classess all week in Glasgow and our ladies all have different goals whether its getting back in to shape after pregnancy, getting fit whilst pregnant or just meeting up with like minded mums - we all have fun whilst working out so come and join us! '
Both Claire and Wendy will be incorporating special training programmes in their classes to help you get fit enough to walk - or run - the course.
Cow & Gate
About Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk - Cow & Gate believe that the best part of parenting is seeing your little baby become a little person. So we are there every step of the way, with advice, support & tailored nutrition as mums nurture their little ones' personality. Even with a typical diet, it's not easy for toddlers to get all the nutrients they need. Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk is a great way to help them get some of the hard-to-get nutrients into their diet: Just 2 x 150ml beakers a day help top up your toddler's diet with Vitamin D for development of bones, omega 3 (an essential fatty acid) and iron for brain development.
The very first Forever Friends Bear was lovingly created by Bath artist, Deborah Jones, back in 1987. They quickly grew to become one of the most successful greeting card designs of all time. The popularity of Forever Friends has been overwhelming and now features on an array of other products ranging from clothing, jewellery and mugs, to cuddly toys, chart-topping CDs and much, much more!
Follow Forever Friends online for exclusive downloads, freebies and offers. ‘Like’ Forever Friends at the ONLY official Facebook page, or follow on Twitter for regular updates from the world of Forever Friends