The Baby Races: Cardiff Bay (5k)
Registration is £14.50 per participant, which includes a free t-shirt, training plan and a goody bag for you when you cross the finish line! We also hope that you will aim to raise at least £50 in sponsorship.
Information about the event
- Date: Sunday 23 September 2012
- The event starts with an aerobic warm up at 0930 at the Roald Dahl Plass, Cardiff Bay
- You can see a map of the area and find out travel information here
- There is limited free car parking at the Norweigan Church or pay and display near St David's Hotel
- The 5K route will follow the traffic free Cardiff Bay Trail to the barrage and back
- We expect it to take 45 minutes to run or up to an hour to power-walk the distance
- Toilets are located at the Norweigan Church and the barrage
- There will be no covered area at either the start or finish so please make sure you come with raincoats and buggy covers in case of rain!
- At the finish you will get your hard earned goody bag and water
- Every participant who raise £20 or more will receive a Venture Photography Experience worth £145. This includes a one hour studio photo session in Cardiff and a piece of art-work worth £95!
Race day entertainment
Plenty of music, dancing and fun for your little ones with the following sessions:
09:00 - Music with Mummy
10:00 - Monkey Music
10:30 - Pied Piper Music
11:00 - Party Fizz
Buggyfit trainer profile
Buggyfit trainer Clare Wheeler is organising the Cardiff Baby Race. Find one of Clare's classes near you.
"I'm so excited about organising Cardiff's second Baby Race and this is the most gorgeous route with amazing views of the bay and plenty of cafes to have a post Baby Race lunch! Last year we had such fun and everyone felt a great sense of achievement."
Clare will be incorporating a special training programme in her classes to help get you fit enough to run (or walk) the baby race.
Cow & Gate
Cow and Gate says: 'Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk helps support your toddler's amazing development! Did you know that between the ages of one and three, toddlers grow 40 percent in weight and height but also that a significant amount of brain and organ development takes place? It's an amazing growth stage. As a result a toddler's nutritional needs can be up to four times higher than an adult's for their size. Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk has been specially developed to meet the nutritional needs of toddlers. Made from cows' milk and enriched with key nutrients, it's a practical way of providing your toddler with the vitamins and minerals they need every day. Two beakers a day provide a blend of Iron & calcium, Vitamins A, C & D, Omega 3 & 6.'
The very first Forever Friends Bear was lovingly created by Bath artist, Deborah Jones, back in 1987. They quickly grew to become one of the most successful greeting card designs of all time. The popularity of Forever Friends has been overwhelming and now features on an array of other products ranging from clothing, jewellery and mugs, to cuddly toys, chart-topping CDs and much, much more!
Follow Forever Friends online for exclusive downloads, freebies and offers. ‘Like’ Forever Friends at the ONLY official Facebook page, or follow on Twitter for regular updates from the world of Forever Friends
Jump is a long-term supporter of Tommy's and has raised an amazing £245,000 for us over the past 13 years, so we’re pleased to have it on board as sponsors for the 2012 Baby Races. Jump shares our vision of giving babies the best start in life, which is why it has savings schemes specifically designed so that adults can save on behalf of a child. For more information on how Jump can help you provide for your child in the future, or to set up a savings account today, visit www.jumpsavings.com.