The Baby Race: Virginia Water, the Great Park, Windsor
Registration is £14.50 per participant, which includes a free t-shirt, training plan and commemorative bag for life with gifts from sponsors Cow & Gate and Forever Friends when you cross the finish line! We also hope that you will aim to raise at least £50 in sponsorship.
Download a route map for the event.
- Saturday 6 July 2013
- The event starts with an aerobic warm up at 10am a couple of minutes walk from the entrance to the park from Virginia Water car park on the A30. It’s the car park opposite Piccolino’s and next to the Wheatsheaf pub. You can see it on the downloadable route map above.
- There is a charge for the car park made by the Royal Parks. Up to three hours costs £4 and up to four hours costs £5. We advise you pay for at least three hours – don’t forget to bring change for the ticket machines with you! The car park machines DO NOT take credit or debit cards.
- The 8K route will wind its way around the lake.
- There will be one water station.
- We expect it to take one hour to run or up to two hours to power-walk the distance.
- There are no toilets on route but the Wheatsheaf pub will be open from 9.30am to allow baby racers to use its facilities. There will be no covered area at either the start or finish so please make sure you come with raincoats and buggy covers in case of rain!
- There are lots of picnic tables for you to sit at with your little one if you want to bring your lunch.
Race day entertainment
Fabulous singing and dancing for your little ones from Music with Mummy at the start from 0940!
Buggyfit trainer profile
Buggyfit trainer Hattie Cameron has regular classes in Windsor Park. A fitness professional with year's of experience Hattie's classes are the perfect way to meet other mums and exercise outdoors with your baby.
"The mums at my Buggyfit classes have lots of different fitness goals - whether its wanting to get back in to shape before returning to work or just to get some fresh air and exercise and meet other mums the class is perfect for you."
Hattie will be incorporating a special training programme in her classes to help get you fit enough to run (or walk) The Baby Race. Find one of Hattie's classes near you.
Cow & Gate
About Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk - Cow & Gate believe that the best part of parenting is seeing your little baby become a little person. So we are there every step of the way, with advice, support & tailored nutrition as mums nurture their little ones' personality. Even with a typical diet, it's not easy for toddlers to get all the nutrients they need. Cow & Gate Growing Up Milk is a great way to help them get some of the hard-to-get nutrients into their diet: Just 2 x 150ml beakers a day help top up your toddler's diet with Vitamin D for development of bones, omega 3 (an essential fatty acid) and iron for brain development.
The very first Forever Friends Bear was lovingly created by Bath artist, Deborah Jones, back in 1987. They quickly grew to become one of the most successful greeting card designs of all time. The popularity of Forever Friends has been overwhelming and now features on an array of other products ranging from clothing, jewellery and mugs, to cuddly toys, chart-topping CDs and much, much more!
Follow Forever Friends online for exclusive downloads, freebies and offers. ‘Like’ Forever Friends at the ONLY official Facebook page, or follow on Twitter for regular updates from the world of Forever Friends.